Class A Driver – Allegany Scrap
Are you a CDL Class A driver with a clean driving record looking to work with a growing industry leader? Do you take pride in being part of a winning team with career growth and training opportunities? Do you value work-life balance and paid time off? If you are interested in advancing your career and looking for a challenging, yet rewarding opportunity, this is the job for you!
Who are we?
Allegany Scrap is proud to be the TOP scrap yard in Cumberland, MD. Allegany Scrap is part of Smith Industries, with origins dating back to 1898, we operate one of the oldest and largest scrap and recyclable processors in the country. Through our state-of-the-art separation systems, we buy, process, and sell ferrous and non-ferrous metals by turning raw scrap into a clean and mill-ready product. As the industry’s leader, we strive to find the best talent to serve the needs of our extensive customer base in both the private and public sectors and we continue to revolutionize new facets of recycling that do not currently exist.
What is the job?
The Class A Driver is a key member of the team and is responsible for the safe and timely transportation of scrap metal from various local locations to our yard in Cumberland, MD. This is a great opportunity for a Class A licensed driver who is looking for a stable work environment and wants to go home daily.
Specific duties to include:
- Work with customers to coordinate logistics of scrap removal from various job sites and yards
- Works with high degree of customer service in every interaction
- Communicates with managers on any incidents that may occur on the job such as job traffic violation or accidents
- Manages time effectively and ensures all top priorities are completed by end of business day
- Operate dump trailer
- Work with managers to ensure timely delivery of material to other yards of Joseph Smith and Sons
- Team player and willing to help where needed in the yard
Why work for us?
- Exciting atmosphere
- Hourly position, eligible for overtime
- Strong culture of recognizing and rewarding strong performance
- Competitive benefits including Health, Dental, 401K, PTO and Paid Holidays
- On the job training
- Opportunity to work with an industry leader
- CDL Class A License
- Ability to multitask and think outside the box
- Clean driving record
- Ability to work 5 days a week – 7:30am – 3:30 pm and occasionally on Saturday
- Ability to pass a thorough background and drug screening
- Positive, upbeat personality with a go-getter attitude
- Experience operating a dump trailer
- 5+ years of professional driving experience preferred
How to Apply:
If interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We hope to fill this position by May 15. To learn more about our growing business visit our Website and follow us on Facebook.
All positions at Allegany Scrap and Smith Industries are Equal Opportunity Employment Positions. We do not discriminate under any circumstances. Please note that all positions require background checks and drug screening.